The Florida Collegiate Honors Council (FCHC) is a professional association of undergraduate honors programs and colleges in Florida. FCHC is closely associated with the Southern Regional Honors Council (SRHC) and the National Collegiate Honors Council (NCHC).
Since the early 1990s, FCHC has held an annual conference in February for Florida Honors students, faculty, directors, and deans. The conference provides an opportunity to network with Honors professionals and Honors students, to share Honors expertise, and to hear presentations from across many disciplines.
FCHC is governed by a 14-member Executive Board: President, Past President, President-Elect, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, three at-large faculty/professional members, the Scholarship Coordinator, the Writing Contest Coordinator, and three students.
The mission of FCHC is:
· To provide a forum for sharing information about and improving the quality of Honors programs;
· To provide students with greater opportunities for intercollegiate Honors program activities;
· To collaborate with the regional and national organizations which have similar goals;
· To encourage articulation and collaborative programming between Honors programs at associate and baccalaureate institutions;
· To increase the public and private awareness of and fiscal commitment to Honors programs and projects.
If you are interested in becoming a member of FCHC, please contact us.